CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Trifecta

In horse racing terminology, a trifecta is a parimutuel bet in which the bettor must predict which horses will finish first, second, and third in exact order.

Has anyone ever had this happen? I did. I have this thing with cars if I drive it I know if it's going to break down. Silly I know but I have proven it. We have three cars, '75 VW Bug, '97 Honda Passport, '00 Chevy Venture. I had a feeling that after we got the bug that something was going to go wrong. Mark was driving it to work one day and his back tire came right off, yeah I was scared. Lucky for him it was 2:00 in the morning on his way to work and no one was around and he found all the lug nuts and put the tire on and came back home to get a different car. Now we are selling the car because we want to get a older bug (that's a different story). The Mini van (sigh), I knew that something was wrong I told Mark that I had a really bad feeling that something is going to go wrong, about 2 weeks later the 'solenoid' blew. We started driving the passport until we could find the money to get our van fixed. Well I told Mark that I didn't have a good feeling about it. Last Thursday night I was on my was home from picking up my kids at my Mom's house I was really tired I had spent all day at school. Mark was already at school for the evening so I was coming home alone with all my babies. I started leaving my Mom's house and got on the highway and the radio stopped working. Not a big deal... I was going on the next highway to get to my house and my lights stopped working. I was scared, it was dusk and I didn't want to get hit. Finally I was praying while driving that I would just make it home. The car COMPLETELY died in front of my house. Luckily I had enough speed to make it up the hill of my drive way. I was SAFE, and so were my little sleeping babies. I called my Mom crying, what do I do??? I had school early in the Morning and no way to get there, Mark had work and no way to get there. My Mom calmed my down and came up with a plan. The next day Mark called off at his early morning job because he had no way to get there. Mom then came over at 6:30 in the morning loaded my kids in her van and let me drive all the way to her house and drop her off with my kids so I could go to school. What a MOM! The next day was Saturday. Mark got permission to drive his work truck (the company's) to his other job, that way he could work (Thanks Branch!). Then later that Morning my Mom brought over a Mechanic (One of my brother's) and tools and parts to help fix our cars. That was WAY beyond the calls of a Mother. So we were down three cars and now we are back to two, the VW will hopefully get fixed this Saturday. So a HUGE, MEGA Thank You to my Mom for saving the day! You are wonderful. Hugs!

0 shout outs: