CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 30, 2009

Mark's Graduation Surprise!

I wanted to do something special for Mark for his graduation. On a limited budget I didn't know what I could do. Mark's Mom called me on day just after Christmas and we were brain storming on what we could do. She talked about her and Mark's Dad flying out to surprise him. I said sure that would be great. I did not think we could really pull this off as a surprise but we can try. I was really good I didn't say anything to anyone until about 3 or 4 weeks before. Little did I know that some people are not good (at all) at keeping surprises. Mark did not notice when people would make 'strange' comments.
The morning of Thursday, his last day of school, Mark left for work like usual. I put in a video that Mark's parents made of them reading books to the kids so they would get reacquainted to them a little faster. I got them dressed and we headed out to the airport. Picked up Grandma and Grandpa. We then came home to clean the house, and prepare for Mark's arrival. Mark's Boss was also in on the surprise. I called him a few weeks before to see about getting Mark some days off at work and let him in on it.
Grandma Porter cleaning faces before Mark comes home.
Soothing Logan.
Logan ready for a Party!
Where's Dad?
Come on?
Bridger was fine with just playing with a balloon.

Mark ran a little late at work, normally I don't mind so much but this day I minded!

Yes, that hat is on my nose!


Lola is such a girl!!

Mark walked in from work and as I shut the door Mark's parents jumped out from behind the door. His face was priceless. We really did surprise him!
Mark's yummy Ice cream cake. I was going to make it. Then I was going to make it easy on myself and pay someone to make it. Then I forgot until the day of and just bought the ice cream cake. Ooopps!

After cake and a fast dinner Mark still had to go to his last night of school. We followed him and made him feel silly with his Mom, Dad, three kids and pregnant Wife following his to his last night of school. After class we snagged some photos next to a Sinclair flag. I don't know why we took photo of the Sinclair flag because his degree is not through Sinclair, the classes were at Sinclair only because Mecca (his school) rented space there to hold classes. Silly and Confusing but Mark did not take classes through Sinclair (just to make that clear).

We are now done! We still have the MECCA graduation Dinner in April but the school part is behind us. WE MADE IT!!

7 shout outs:

Charity Brown said...

Congrats to Mark, and to you!!!

kosciusko said...

congrats you guys. i know how hard it is with the hubby gone all the time. when they graduate you can finally exhale.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! That is so exciting - and even just as is exciting is that Mark was really surprised. Love ya Stacey

Lauren and Bridger said...

Nice porter!

Sherri said...

Congrats on finishing school! You guys are keeping busy. Good job on all you do!

Mark said...

Thanx for the party it was a great suprise. I'm so glad to be done and am thankful you were there the whole way. love ya babe.

Ma Porter said...

It was a great thing to surprise Mark and spend time with the whole family. We are very proud of both Mark and Brigette for hanging in there for 4 years. Without the support of Brigette it couldn't have happened. So CONGRAT to them both. Onward and upward!!! Love you all.