CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 7, 2008

Toddlerhood

I am a mother that when my children are teething I don't give medicine unless they are running very high fevers. That being said I do use teething tablets that seem to help when my babies are cutting teeth. Bridger has been teething a lot recently and I keep these tablets on my bedside so I can give him a few in the middle of the night. I keep them high my bedside and it is very hard to get to. I have a jewelry box that sits on the bedside and a few books that sit on the j. box, then I have the teething tablets. With all that being said yesterday I was getting the baby changed and I noticed Lola was sitting in my bed snuggled in the blankets. This is the first time she has ever gotten into our bed by herself. Our bed is waist high and its not easy for them get into (I thought it was impossible still, read on). So I chuckled to my self that she was snuggled in my bed I was going to run in the room and jump in bed with her and read a book with her but as I walked into the room I noticed that she was eating something! She gotten to the teething tablets. She looked at me and started to put the lid on the bottle (that is not child proof, I'm calling to complain about that!) and she said, "MMmmm, Good Candy!". I said, " OH no, that's not candy that's medicine!". Lola started crying because she knows that medicine is a big no no. I told her that we had a phone call to make.
I called poison control! I always said I would NEVER be the Mom who was careless enough that I would need to call poison control. I made the call and counted the tablets to get a estimate of how much she had consumed, she ate about 50 tablets. I told this to the nurse that was helping me and said I was lucky that this is all natural because there is not enough to hurt her. She went on to tell me that Lola could have eaten the whole bottle and been fine. Lola was happy when I told her she didn't have to go to the doctor (so was I). Needless to say I will never underestimate my kids again, I got lucky that this is all she got. I know now that this is a number that I will memorize.

1 shout outs:

the Dancer said...

I don't like that the teething tablets have a non-childproof lid. I loved them for Jeffrey though, we do the natural thing as much as we can too!