CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Baby Food

(This is Bridger a few weeks ago)

Bridger is growing up way to fast for me. I planned to breastfeed him for the first year exclusively. I have been giving him a little taste of bananas when I have one. This last week I gave him a few teaspoons of sweet potatoes and realized that he is more than ready for more food. I figured I would make his food just as I did with the twins. I have got more (better) ideas on storage and making process. My Mom, who has a daycare has tons of these little containers that are making it a lot nicer for storage. Here I will give you the step by step of how I do it.



I bought some green beans, always strain and take the ends off.





Don't those beans look so yummy?

Peel and cut the sweet potatoes, you can bake and scrape but I like to boil because I use all the water in the pot, I'll tell ya later. It really looks good, right?


Can you see the steam?
Can you taste it yet? It was hard to make because i wanted to eat it!I boil until tender and then put the food in the processor. KEEP the juice you will need it to make the food a little thinner. TIP: sweet potatoes need lots of water added because they are so dry. Thats why I like to boil. That way I don't loose any vitamins and minerals. I was getting frustrated because my machine would not work... can you see it? I didn't plug it in. Silly me!
All those green beans and this is all it made. I label with the foods name and date it was cooked, I also put our name on it, just in case.
Here is all I made Monday night. I'm really glad my Mom can get those containers it makes so much easier.

My finished products.Now I just put them in my deep freezer in the basement and put a weeks worth in the freezer up stairs and a days worth (only 1 for now) in the fridge. I warm the food my placing it in a bowl of hot water, I stir until warm all the way through.
*All this from start to finish was only 2 hours and it saved me over $20*

2 shout outs:

Anonymous said...

I do that with my kids too. When my husband and I make the food for the little ones. We make enough for a couple of months. It takes all day but it's worth it to us. It's a lot healthier for them. Bridger is growing fast. It seems like just the other day he was born. By the way I love your family picture for your blog.

Yvonne:)

the Dancer said...

I think I'll do that with my next one, there just wasn't much selection and you just never know what you're getting right?